About Me

My photo
Falmouth, United Kingdom
I am lucky enough to live in beautiful Cornwall and enjoy nothing more than walking on my local beach at Swanpool searching for sea glass. I am inspired by all the natural things I see around me,my favourite colours are the blues and greens of the ever changing sea.

Saturday 27 April 2013

Making a Rainbow 5

9 blue rounds now completed.

 Indigo
 
There are many shades of blue, from a pale pastel up to dark navy.
Blue is a cool colour and has a calming effect when used to decorate rooms etc.
I think of the blue of the sky,blue for a boy,bluebells in spring, forget me nots and of course my eyes.
My blanket now measures approx 51" and feels very warm on my knees as I work. I hope the weather doesn't get too hot before it is completed.




Green/Blue/Indigo

Green, Blue, Indigo
This shows how well my interpretation of the rainbow colours works.
The turquoise green and turquoise blue blends perfectly with the green and blue making a perfect transition between them.
6 down one more (purple) to go
 
So don't go away I'll be back ...............................



No comments:

Post a Comment