About Me

My photo
Falmouth, United Kingdom
I am lucky enough to live in beautiful Cornwall and enjoy nothing more than walking on my local beach at Swanpool searching for sea glass. I am inspired by all the natural things I see around me,my favourite colours are the blues and greens of the ever changing sea.

Monday 22 April 2013

Making a Rainbow 4

 
This is where I now put my own interpretation on Mother Nature's Rainbow colour scheme.
Blue comes next in the spectrum, followed by Indigo which to me is just more shades of darker blues.
So I choose to use turquoises for blue and sky, navy, french, powder etc.for Indigo.
Turquoise has many,many shades some can be described as turquoise green and some turquoise blue. So by using turquoise greens first followed by turquoise blues a natural progression between green and blue is made.
The shades of turquoise remind me so much of the sea around the coast of my home in Cornwall. On a sunny day so many spectacular shades can be seen and changes constantly I never tire of looking at it. I love walking on the beach searching for 'sea glass' in shades of green and turquoises.
The blanket at the moment measures about 42" so will probably measure about 60" when completed so will be the biggest I have made up to now.
Keep watching....................


No comments:

Post a Comment